General Manager - Te Ao Tūroa
Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu
Closing Date : 26 Jun 2019
Permanent / Full Time
Kia hiwa rā!
We have an exciting leadership opportunity to join the Office of Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu as our General Manager - Te Ao Tūroa.
This is a key role in our organisation to lead the strategic direction of the Te Ao Tūroa function to achieve our tribal vision. The function includes resource management planning, state of the environment, cultural heritage and tribal properties, and mahinga kai. The kaupapa supports Papatipu Rūnanga and Ngāi Tahu Whānui to protect and gain nourishment from the natural environment and plays a vital role in the expression of Ngāi Tahutanga.
We are seeking an inspiring values-based leader, that is passionate about promoting the interests and aspirations of Ngāi Tahu Whānui in environmental resource management. You will thrive on a challenge and with your collaborative approach be able to develop and maintain constructive relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders including whānau. You will also have a personal commitment to role model our cultural values, to foster a supportive and safe environment for the team to further develop their cultural competencies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading high performing teams
- Demonstrated experience in leading change
- Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills
- Senior leadership skills in a similar complex setting
- An ability to drive continuous improvement
- Proven collaboration skills and experience
- Management experience working in the environmental sector
- An understanding of the Ngāi Tahu Settlement and Claim
- A strong affinity with Ngāi Tahu values and aspirations
In return, you will be part of a dedicated and thriving iwi organisation, striving towards enriching the lives of current and future generations. Guided by our vision, Ngāi Tahu whānau are at the heart of everything we do: mō tātou, ā, mō kā uri ā muri ake nei (for us and our children after us).
For confidential enquiries, please contact Megan Te Kahu on 03 974 0116.
If this sounds like the role for you, please do not hesitate to apply! APPLY HERE
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!