Massey University, Palmerston North
Closing Date : 26 May 2019
The Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Māori
Kia hiwa rā, kia hiwa rā!
Ko te reo tēnei o Te Tumu Herenga Māori o Te Kunenga ki Pūrehuroa e karanga ake nei ki ngā iwi o te motu kia hopukina te huata e rere nei!
E rapu ana matou o Te Tumu Herenga Māori Matua i tētahi pukenga, tētahi matanga hei hautu i te tahua pūtea o to matou tari matua.
Ina te kupu akiaki o rātou mā,
E rere te huata, hopukia!
E rere te manuka, tomokia! The Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Māori (ODVCM) is actively looking for a full-time talented and highly capable Business Manager to contribute to the strategic direction of the office.
As Business Manager you will be largely responsible for the development of the short to medium term budget and financial strategy; and ensuring that funding strategies are progressing to meet the office's financial needs. You will also be responsible for the monitoring and oversight of the budget to support the ODVCM and the wider Massey University's core business.
This position sits within the ODVCM team reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Māori. Looking at how to build the financial strategy, you will help drive a different approach to engage with the business and deliver achievable outcomes. You will line up organisational performance with the financial strategy, and really connect the drivers in both the financial and non-financials.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- Ideally a minimum of five years managerial and leadership experience (preferably in the tertiary education sector)
- A background in budget and financial management, business analysis, business planning and management accounting
- Demonstrated relationship management skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative partnerships across a wide range of interaction points
- Practical experience working within Māori context
- Highly developed strategic and financial analysis, modelling and advisory experience with both financial and non-financial information
- Well-honed negotiation skills and proven ability to influence others
- A strategic view and the ability to think long-term and develop pragmatic solutions
Why Massey University?
Massey University is an innovative leader in the academic realm - an institution that has played a defining role in New Zealand's development as a nation. We are 'Shaping the Nation', and to achieve this vision, we are embarking on a drive to further build and strengthen our internal capacity.
Massey staff have the opportunity to make a difference in the world, and we recognise the importance of being a Te Tiriti led organisation. Take a closer look at us... http://www.massey.ac.nz/ and apply via this link.
Applications close: 26 May 2019
Reference number: M_M_213_05/19