Te Kura Kaupapa Māori o Pukemiro
Closing Date : 05 Jun 2019
KA TŪ AHAU HEI RAUKURA MŌ TŌKU IWI
‘I stand as an example of my people’
TEACHING PRINCIPAL (U3) Decile 1B
The Board of Trustees seeks an experienced educational leader with strong management and leadership capabilities. Te Kura Kaupapa Māori o Pukemiro is an Area School catering for Year 1 (five year olds) through to Year 15 (Wharekura). The current roll is 138. It is expected that duties for the new Principal will commence in Term 4, 2019.
Te Kura Kaupapa Māori o Pukemiro is a part of the great community of Muriwhenua, Te Hiku o te Ika (Kaitaia). Our Kura enjoys
- Strong support from iwi, hapu, students and whānau
- Hard-working and committed staff
- A modern learning environment with excellent facilities
- Te Reo Māori instruction underpinned by the Te Aho Matua philosophy
- A motivated and supportive Board of Trustees
We are looking for an innovative principal who is a fluent speaker of te reo Māori with demonstrated skills in
- Strategies to further enhance teacher professional development and student learning
- Kura administration and management
- Fostering productive community links and partnerships
- Strong communication and relationship building
- Motivational leadership
- Developing a diverse team staff team
The new principal will be supported by a committed Board and a strong leadership team. Prospective applicants are invited to contact the kura at 09) 408 4858 to make an appointment to visti the kura between the hours of 9.00am and 4.00pm Monday to Friday.
Only email applications (with PDF files attached) will be accepted. The application pack and further information are available from the Kura office by emailing: email@example.com
Applications close 3.00pm on Wednesday 5 June 2019.