Communications Manager - Fixed Term
Closing Date : 26 May 2019
Are you in or have a background in communications and public relations? Do you have a talent for telling a good story and an eye for detail? Are you creative? Are you looking for a challenging role in an organisation that's committed to the revitalisation of te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori and making a difference in the community?
We are looking for a dynamic Communications Manager who will be responsible for all the communications and advocacy requirements for Maori Television.
You will provide advice and support, work alongside project teams, develop and create collateral, produce Maori Television documents and reports, develop web and social media content, cover meetings and deal with media.
You will need to be able to prioritise and juggle multiple tasks, be calm and efficient, self-motivated and used to producing high quality work under pressure. Above all, you need to be able to work well with others and a healthy sense of humour is a must.
The right person for our team will likely be:
- a talented and convincing writer with excellent English language skills
- experienced and qualified in PR or be an experienced Journalist with a very good understanding of PR and its role
- an outstanding communicator with excellent inter-personal skills
- able to translate complex issues into easily understood language or visuals
- a social media champion
- experienced in producing printed and web-based publications and proof reading
- calm under pressure and able to effectively handle a number of projects at once
- self-motivated, creative and capable of high quality and on-time outputs
- a speaker of te reo Māori and familiar with tikanga Māori.
If this opportunity sounds like you please check out the details and send us your application.
Applications close Sunday, 26 May 2019.
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to:
Pumanawa Tangata Department
PO Box 64-341
Botany, Auckland 2163
Or email: HR@maoritelevision.com