EIT Hawke's Bay
Closing Date : 26 May 2019
Nau mai haere mai ki Te Aho a Māui!
Ko ngā wheako e tika ana mō te tauira, me te tautoko e angitu ai ia.
The Pouwhirinaki role is integral to EIT’s commitment to improving success for Māori students.
We are a seeking a suitably qualified person who has the passion, knowledge and experience in creating a learning environment that will contribute to this purpose.
You will have experience in supporting students studying at a tertiary level, demonstrating a deep understanding of effective educational pedagogies and the needs of Māori students.
The primary functions of this role are to:
• Provide academic, cultural and pastoral support to Māori students
• Create a learning environment that is welcoming and understanding of the pressures of tertiary life.
• Support academic staff to enhance their own learning of Te Ao Māori, and therefore better meet the needs of students.
• Promote and facilitate EIT culturally focused events, pōwhiri and noho marae.
Candidates will have:
• A tertiary qualification at degree level (essential)
• A high proficiency in te reo Māori, articulate in English, in both writing and conversation, and able to work in an agile, digital way.
• Knowledge of the New Zealand tertiary education sector
• The ability to network in Māori communities
Applications close on 26 May. Please click HERE for a job description and to apply.