Te Tumu Paeroa
Closing Date : 24 May 2019
Te Tumu Paeroa is an independent professional trustee organisation that assists the Māori Trustee to carry out the Māori Trustee’s statutory roles, functions and responsibilities, and thereby protects and enhances Māori land – for now and generations to come.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Corporate Lawyer to join our legal team. Reporting to the General Counsel of the Māori Trustee, you will work directly with the business in all aspects of legal work of the Māori Trustee, including Māori land law, trusts law, estates, landlord and tenant, conveyancing, general property, commercial and contract, resource management, legislative compliance, litigation and dispute management.
This is a fast-paced, dynamic and varied role suiting a highly-skilled Māori land lawyer with proven commercial and litigation experience, who thrives on challenging legal work and responsibility.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 5 years relevant PQE gained in private practice and/or in-house and who holds a current practicing certificate
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior written and drafting skills
- Outstanding judgement and attention to detail
- The ability to consistently provide high quality outcomes-driven legal advice and representation
- Be an excellent communicator
- An affinity and respect for Māori tikanga
You pride yourself on your exceptional personal integrity and your ability to build and maintain trust and credibility with others. You’re hard-working, resilient, proactive and able to take initiative and work independently or as part of a team.
The successful candidate will be based in our head office in Wellington but will be required to travel from time-to-time as part of the role.
If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding role in an organisation where you can assist us to protect and enhance Māoriland, then please forward your covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
Applications close Friday 24 May 2019.