Employment Consultant - Workwise
Wise Management Services Ltd, Auckland
Closing Date : 24 May 2019
- Full time, 40 hours per week
- Based in Auckland
- Monday-Friday 8.30am-5.00pm
Kia ora, Talofa lava, Malo e leiei, kia orana – warm pacific greetings
Creating work connections: supporting people to live their dreams
Workwise employment consultants have a really unique job. We work with people who are facing personal or health challenges and help them to find and keep work.
What we do makes a huge difference in people’s lives. We help give hope to people and their family/whānau.
We love what we do, and we’re looking for more amazing people to join our team. If helping change people’s lives appeals to you, read on…
No two days are the same as an employment consultant. We work out in the community, and in collaboration with other agencies (for example, mental health teams and social services). We work alongside people with a range of backgrounds, cultures and experiences. We also work with employers to support them to find great staff.
Workwise is part of the Wise Group, one of thelargest non-government providers of mental health and wellbeing services in New Zealand.
You’ll be reporting to the team leader and joining our Auckland team. The team covers South, Central and West Auckland. We integrate with community mental health teams, including services supporting Maori and Pacifica.
We think you could make a great employment consultant if you:
- Are experienced working in the mental health, addiction, disability, Corrections or employment sectors
- Are excited by achieving results
- Are great at building enduring relationships
- Are kind, adaptable and creative
- Are able to inspire and motivate people
- Love being part of a team and also good at working independently
- Are great at problem solving
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Applicants must hold the New Zealand Level 4 Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent https://www.careerforce.org.nz/pay-equity-and-qualification-equivalencies/. Alternatively, you will need to commence study towards this within six months of starting your employment with Workwise. This needs to be completed within two years of commencement of employment. Workwise offers significant support to complete this study, please feel free to contact us to discuss if required.
You’ll be well resourced in your role, with access to laptops, cars and cell phones. We offer generous annual leave and sick leave, a great work-life balance and opportunities for training and development.
To view a full position description copy and paste this link into your browser: http://www.wisegroup.co.nz/uploads/files/position-descriptions/WKW_EC.pdf
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5:00 PM Friday 24 May 2019
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Robert Williams – 027 702 6376
TO APPLY, please email Robert.Williams@workwise.org.nz
Workwise is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke free environment. We particularly encourage people with Maori or Pacifica backgrounds to apply.
**All new appointees into Workwise require background checking. Under the requirements of the Vulnerable Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.