Mental Health Foundation
Closing Date : 26 Apr 2019
- Communicating to help build an inclusive Aotearoa
- Make a positive difference to people’s lives
- Modern, vibrant workplace in Mt Eden
- 30 hours per week (across five days)
Are you a communications rockstar looking for a chance to use your outstanding communications and marketing skills to change the world?
The Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand is New Zealand’s only national mental health charity. We work to ensure everyone has the support, resources and behaviours they need to allow them to feel good, function well and sustain their mental health.
You’ll work on national campaigns that seek to prevent suicide, eradicate stigma and discrimination and improve the positive mental health and wellbeing of all New Zealanders. You’ll help us to monitor and work with media when reporting on mental health topics (including suicide) and work with us to ensure MHF communications reach and engage Māori.
- Have 1-3 years’ experience in a communications role
- Be a phenomenal writer, interviewer and proof-reader
- Have some experience in website content management systems
- Have a strong news sense and understanding of the media
- Know how to use social media to motivate and inspire
- Have strong relationship management skills
- Be available five days per week, minimum two hours per day
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
This a new role. It sits within the Mental Health Foundation’s Communications and Marketing team and reports to the Communications and Marketing Manager.
The salary will be commensurate to the successful candidate's skills and experience for the role. The 30 hours are flexible across five days but the successful candidate must be available at least two hours per day, five days a week, with a starting time no later than 10am.
The Mental Health Foundation actively promotes the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We value the expertise of people with experience of mental illness - tangata whaiora - and we are an Equal Opportunity employer.
This role is based in our Maungawhau (Mount Eden) office.
Please follow this link if you wish to apply, there you can also find a copy of the Position Description and Person Specifications.
Applicants for this role must have NZ Residency or a valid Work Visa.
Applications will be accepted until 5pm on Friday the 26th of April.