Senior Communications Officer
Mental Health Foundation
Closing Date : 26 Apr 2019
- Communicating to help build an inclusive Aotearoa
- Make a positive difference to people’s lives
- Modern, vibrant workplace in Mt Eden
- Part-time role – 24 hours per week
Are you a communications rockstar looking for a chance to use your outstanding communications and marketing skills to change the world?
The Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand is New Zealand’s only national mental health charity. We work to improve the mental health and wellbeing of all. We run and partner in nearly 50 programmes and projects that do everything from creating more supportive schools and workplaces to preventing suicide, from improving the wellbeing of our rural communities to supporting tāne Māori to develop, improve and build on actions that support their wellbeing.
We’re looking for a senior communications officer to join our team. You’ll work on national campaigns that seek to prevent suicide, eradicate stigma and discrimination and improve the positive mental health and wellbeing of all New Zealanders.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in a communications or marketing role
- Be a phenomenal writer, editor, interviewer and proof-reader
- Have experience in website content management systems
- Have a strong news sense and understanding of the media
- Be experienced in using social media to motivate and inspire
- Have strong relationship management skills
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
This role sits within the Mental Health Foundation’s Communications and Marketing team and reports to the Communications and Marketing Manager.
The salary will be commensurate to the successful candidate's skills and experience for the role.
The Mental Health Foundation actively promotes the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We value the expertise of people with experience of mental illness - tangata whaiora - and we are an Equal Opportunity employer.
This role is based in our Maungawhau (Mount Eden) office.
Please follow this link if you wish to apply, there you can also find a copy of the Position Description and Person Specifications.
Applicants for this role must have NZ Residency or a valid Work Visa.
Applications will be accepted until 5pm on Friday the 26th of April.