NZ Council for Educational Research, NZCER
Closing Date : 13 May 2019
Are you a critical thinker with expertise in statistical analysis? The New Zealand Council for Educational Research (NZCER) is looking for a Senior Statistician to join our organisation. You will take a leadership role, managing projects and actively pursuing tender opportunities. Our statisticians and researchers will look to you for mentoring and support. You will bring experience in working as an applied statistician and ideally have a post graduate degree in theoretical or applied statistics.
NZCER is a vibrant, independent educational research organisation, with multiple research, evaluation, and advisory projects on the go at any time. The bulk of our contracts are won through competitive tenders, with some funded directly by the Crown. We also provide and support a suite of educational assessments, tools, and services, and have a publishing arm, NZCER Press.
We welcome applications from people with:
- experience working as an applied statistician
- a relevant degree, including core papers in mathematics and statistics
- a flexible and innovative approach to problem-solving using tools from statistics and data science
- broad experience with statistical software, including R
- strong communication skills
- the desire to develop as a leader
- an ability in, and a desire to improve, te reo Māori
- knowledge and understanding of the education sector in Aotearoa (desirable).
Our people have expertise in both research and practice, and we are strongly connected to the education sector in Aotearoa New Zealand. We use the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi as the founding document of Aotearoa to help us uphold mana Māori in our work, relationships, and ways of working.
To apply for this permanent, full time (or as negotiated) position, please forward a covering letter and detailed curriculum vitae showing how your skills match the position description, attached below. Your application should be addressed to Marie Sim, HR Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is midday 13 May 2019.