General Manager - Te Rūnanga o Arowhenua
Te Rūnanga o Arowhenua
Closing Date : 28 Apr 2019
· Business Development
· Collaboration and partnership
· Arowhenua – South Canterbury-based
Who we are:
Arowhenua – Nurturing our people through generations, guardians of the environments we live in, progressing our future locally and globally.
Arowhenua is a vibrant and active community with Te Rūnanga o Arowhenua Society Incorporated having responsibility for both upholding the aspirations of Kāti Huirapa while maintaining strong relationships and engagement with the wider community. To achieve our vision, the Arowhenua community invest time and finances to revitalise Te Hapa o Niu Tireni as the place that our people can carry in their hearts and memories wherever they may be in the world.
The Executive and Management team administer a range of portfolios to manage the interests of whānau in areas including social development, education, environment, culture and economy. The intention is to work collaboratively and in partnership with the local, regional and national community to preserve and protect the unique history of this region and the iconic natural features within it, whilst upholding ongoing aspirations of Kāti Huirapa.
As General Manager you will be responsible for:
- Proactively managing all aspects of operational and project-based requirements of the rūnanga
- Identifying and exploring strategic development opportunities for Te Rūnanga o Arowhenua and leading implementation of business development projects
- Maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Supporting the executive committee functions of the rūnanga and in doing so contributing to the future strategic direction of Kāti Huirapa.
Te Rūnanga o Arowhenua Society Incorporated are looking for a person with:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior management position, leading staff
- Experience working in a kaupapa Māori environment or a willingness to work in such an environment
- Commercial expertise and a track record of success in business development
- Strong language and communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder relationship skills and experience in building connections and partnerships with iwi, local councils and businesses
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its application to the work of Papatipu Rūnanga
- Knowledge of tikanga and te reo necessary or a willingness to learn and embrace the competencies required
- Strong awareness of and affinity for the needs and aspirations of Ngāi Tahu whānau and specifically Kāti Huirapa.
For further information on Te Rūnanga o Arowhenua please visit www.arowhenua.org
To apply in strict confidence now, email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 726811sk. Applications close on 28 April 2019. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
To view a position description, please visit the Job Search page at www.sheffield.co.nz.
For more information please phone Andrea Bankier on +64 3 353 4365.