Expressions of Interest - Agile Workforce in the Health Sector
Closing Date : 17 May 2019
Are you looking for a flexible opportunity, where you can make a real difference? We are looking to build a flexible workforce with a range of specialist skills to call on when projects arise – would you like to be part of it?
Taikura Trust is well established in serving the disability sector primarily providing assessment, planning and co-ordination. We are currently building new service offerings to the community and are looking to augment our existing workforce by building a flexible network team with specialist skills and talents.
The work will be project based (either by hourly rate or fee-for-service) and will be dependent on referrals from contracts within our new service lines. We envisage these roles will appeal to people who freelance or contract within the health, social service or disability sectors, who are keen to develop their professional networks, and have the capacity for additional work on an ad hoc basis. It may also appeal to those who are keen for more independence and flexibility in their work life, who are keen to contract within an established, reputable organisation.
We are seeking a range of skills and would be particularly interested in talking with people who have experience in the following areas:
- Navigation and Connection within the community, in particular with Maori and Pacific communities and migrant communities
- Case Management experience within Health, Social Services or Disability Sector
- Relationship Building and Relationship Management within Health, Disability or Supported Services Sectors
- Experience working with people of all ages with complex support needs, and with their families
- Specialist skills planning and facilitating support to meet high and complex needs – such as Rehab Professionals and Therapists
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Facilitation skills including experience of using PATH or Map
You will need to be
- Self-motivated, highly organised and reliable
- An outstanding communicator, able to relate to a range of people and effectively manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Highly culturally aware and have the ability to work within the Pacific and Maori communities
- Someone with a high level of empathy and values that align with those of Taikura Trust and the communities we serve
What you will receive
- A supportive environment, that encourages professional and personal growth
- The flexibility to choose how and when you work with us
- Robust systems and technology that support your work
- A working environment that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all Taikura colleagues
At Taikura Trust, we don’t just accept difference — we welcome it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. Taikura Trust is proud to be a diverse, equal opportunity workplace. We believe our workforce should represent the communities that we serve so we welcome applications from people with lived experience of disability and diverse backgrounds.
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please apply now including a covering letter outlining your area of interest. Please go to the careers section of our website www.taikura.org.nz to apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you have queries prior to applying, please contact email@example.com
- You must be allowed to legally work in New Zealand
- You must hold a valid, full NZ Driver Licence
- Job offer will be subject to satisfactory police vetting