Service Facilitator (Case Manager)
Closing Date : 27 Apr 2019
- Make a difference in the community
- Be part of a passionate, diverse team
- Flexible working arrangements
Are you passionate about our community? Do you want to utilise your skills and knowledge of the disability sector in a rewarding role within a collaborative and supportive team? We are looking for people who share our commitment to supporting disabled people to live the lives they want to lead. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
About the role …
In this challenging and rewarding role, you will be responsible for conducting support needs assessments with a collaborative and strength-based approach, exploring all options for supporting the needs of disabled children or adults, and their families. You will co-ordinate access to a range of support services and review their care plans to ensure that their needs are being met as they develop and grow. Putting effective care in place should result in a support plan that meets our clients’ individual needs and enables choice, flexibility and control.
About us …
Taikura Trust is the region’s single facilitator of needs assessment and service coordination of support services for people under 65 years, who have a physical, intellectual or sensory impairment, or autism. Above all, Taikura Trust is about bringing certainty to the lives of the people we support and walking the journey with children and families to live the lives they choose.
About you …
- You may be a graduate or a current professional working in the health or disability sector
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Adept at juggling priorities effectively within a constantly changing workload
- Self-motivated and passionate about what you do
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the ability to work with different IT platforms
- Disability or Health related qualification is preferred
What you will receive …
- A friendly, diverse and supportive team
- The opportunity to learn and grow through various professional development opportunities
- Robust systems and IT to support you in your role
- Peer mentoring, external supervision, EAP and staff discounts
- Flexible working environment
At Taikura Trust, we don’t just accept difference — we welcome it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. Taikura Trust is proud to be a diverse, equal opportunity workplace. We believe our workforce should represent the communities that we serve so we welcome applications from people with lived experience of disability and diverse backgrounds.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a remarkable team that aims to make a difference in the lives of disabled people!
To apply …
Please go to the careers section of our website www.taikura.org.nz for a job description and to apply online. Your completed application form must be accompanied by a CV and Covering Letter. If you have queries prior to applying, please contact email@example.com
- You must be allowed to legally work in New Zealand
- You must hold a valid, full NZ Driver Licence
- Job offer will be subject to satisfactory police vetting