Operational Due Diligence Analyst
We are recruiting a unique and interesting role for the Guardians of the NZ Super Fund (the Guardians). As the entity responsible for managing the Fund, which currently stands at $39 Billion, part of the Guardian’s responsibility is to ensure that any potential investment partner is assessed thoroughly to ensure their people and processes meet best practice industry standards, therefore minimising risk to the Fund.
In this role, which sits within the Risk team, you will take a two-pronged approach: annual review of existing investment partners, and project based due diligence for new investment partners. Your core responsibility will be to analyse and provide reports on a range of organisations both in NZ and globally, including investment managers, private equity firms, and private companies.
Other key elements of the role include:
- Perform reviews on new and existing investment managers to ensure operations remain fit for purpose.
- Review new and existing investment managers including background, staffing and culture, governance, board structure, decision making processes and regulatory compliance.
- Identify and report on any conflicts of interest that may exist with an investment manager or partner.
- Provide detailed reporting and recommendations on investment managers and escalate concerns to the New Investments Group and Investment Committee as required.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you:
- Possess an audit, accounting or operational background with a strong detail focus.
- Have strong inquiry skills, an investigative mindset and understanding of business risk.
- Are prepared to travel internationally for several weeks within any one year.
- Take a collegial, constructive approach to fostering both internal and external relationships
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Desirable attributes may also include:
- An understanding of how investment managers and businesses operate, and the potential risks to look out for.
- Broad understanding and exposure to a range of investment opportunities and the potential issues they may raise for operational effectiveness.
- An understanding of investment fund structures including responsibilities, control frameworks and valuation practices.
Life at NZ Super Fund
Underpinning the culture at the Guardians is a focus on achieving successful outcomes over the long term. It's an enjoyable place to work: genuinely driven by its core values, with a focus on maintaining an appropriate balance between the demands of career and life, enhanced by their award winning benefits package.
The team environment at NZ Super is collegial and will support you to take autonomy within your role. You will be encouraged to stretch your capability and seek opportunities for your professional development and personal growth.
Register your interest
The Guardians is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring practices. To build a strong and talented workforce, the Guardians is actively building an inclusive workplace and encourages expressions of interest from a diverse applicant pool, including applicants interested in discussing flexible work options. Further information about the Guardians and NZ Super Fund is available on www.nzsuperfund.nz.
Please forward your details in strict confidence by clicking 'apply now' below. Alternatively send your CV email@example.com For more information call Jenny Parker, Partner at Convergence Partners Limited, on +64 9 300 6798.