Social Work Lecturer
Closing Date : 25 Mar 2019
Are you passionate about social work? Do you want to contribute to the development of the next generation of social workers? We are looking to build on our team with highly qualified, experienced and passionate lecturers who are driven to make a positive difference in the world of social work education.
Our programmes attract ambitious students who are focused on becoming positive contributors to this field in Te Tai Tokerau, Northland. We need talented individuals with the desire to inspire and motivate these students toward their goals.
Applications are invited for a permanent full time (37.5 hours per week) position, based at the Raumanga Campus in Whangarei.
You will have:
- A masters level qualification or higher
- Current Social work registration
- An adult teaching qualification or the desire to work towards this qualification
- Proficient understanding and use of te reo o Te Tai Tokerau
- Well-developed knowledge and the practical application of Tikanga and Whānau concepts
- Proficient knowledge of āhuatanga Tai Tokerau and desire to actively participate in cultural events
- Commitment to valuing diversity and to applying the principles of Te Tiriti O Waitangi as appropriate
- Relevant industry experience
- Experience of teaching or training adults would be an advantage
- A commitment to ongoing Professional Development
- The desire to participate in research
Applications must be received by close of business, 25 March 2019. Please visit this listing on our careers site www.careers.northtec.ac.nz to view the full job advert, job description and to apply.
More about NorthTec
NorthTec is committed to developing Northland and its people through tertiary education. NorthTec is the region's largest provider of tertiary education, with campuses and learning centres in Whangarei and across Northland in addition to over 60 community based delivery points. NorthTec remains the only Tertiary Education Institute (TEI) based north of Auckland that provides programmes from foundation to degree level.
The region's gentle climate, relaxed lifestyle and unbounded opportunities continue to attract people from around the world to Northland's spectacular rural and coastal surroundings.
Te Tai Taitokerau Wānanga, He kuratini whakatangata, whakakaha hāpori hoki
He kuratini e taea ai koe te ako i ngā āhuatanga e whai mahi ai