Rotorua Lakes Council
Closing Date : 29 Mar 2019
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Business Analyst.
About the role
Reporting to the Business Solutions Lead we are looking for someone who will work in partnership with key stakeholders to gather business requirements, gain their buy-in and effect change by acting as a trusted advisor, making sure you really understand the needs of the business and the outcomes required.
Rotorua Lakes Council continues to undergo several major shifts to continuously improve systems in order to maximize the support of service we deliver to our community.
This role requires you to be involved with the implementation of OneCouncil and the delivery of significant business change that this will bring. OneCouncil will enable us to deliver online, self-service capabilities to the community, improving its ability to quickly and efficiently provide services from any device, anywhere at any time.
Duties & responsibilities
- lead business analyst activities to achieve successful projects & strategies
- manage feature scope
- develop a deep and thorough understanding of end to end business processes
- exploit technology as a business enabler and maximise return from council’s IT investment
- develop detailed test plans and cases, while performing hands-on testing activities
To be successful for this position you will need:
- at least 4+ years’ experience in both Business and Test Analysis
- ability to understand business functionality and translate it into fit-for-purpose requirements
- ability to work in teams and to lead the tasks and activities by themselves
- excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- solid knowledge and experience with methodologies & frameworks
- fantastic communication skills both internal and external
- excellent people skills
- previous local council experience
- TechnologyOne software
- background working with ERP systems
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to cover the breadth of a driven organisation by applying your knowledge and passion of both business analysis and process analysis tools and methodologies. Coupled with your excellent people skills and business acumen you will be working directly with key stakeholders ensuring systems and processes are continuously improved so will have proven ability at developing and maintaining effective relationships at all levels of the organisation.
Te Kaunihera o nga Roto o Rotorua (Rotorua Lakes Council) is committed to working in partnership with Te Arawa, our local iwi. We aspire to being a bicultural organisation and we value staff who speak te reo Maori, have an appreciation of Maori values, and a working knowledge of tikanga Maori.
Think you’re up for the challenge? Check out the Position Description and send us your application now!
Applications close 29 March 2019