Kairaranga A Whānau
Closing Date : 25 Mar 2019
- Full time, Fixed Term to end March 2020
Oranga Tamariki, Ministry for Children is committed to putting children and young people at the heart of everything we do and say. We value the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi above all else. We want to ensure that all children and young people are in loving whānau and communities.
We have an opportunity for a Kairangahau a Whānau to join our team based in Māwhera (Greymouth). As this role covers a large portion of Te Tai Poutini, (West Coast) travel is required.
In this position you will:
- Support tamariki and rangatahi to be well connected to their whānau
- Support social workers and co-ordinators to identify whānau, hapu and iwi relationships for tamariki and whānau
- Organise and facilitate hui-a-whānau, especially prior to Family Group Conferences
- Assist tamariki, rangatahi and whānau to be well prepared to participate in all whānau decision making processes
- Where appropriate, support whānau to identify those within the whānau who may be able to offer care to tamariki and rangatahi
- Support cultural capability building within the site, in partnership with site manager and practice leaders
- Develop and maintain relationships with tangata whenua and key members of other cultural groups.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Good understanding and knowledge of te reo me ona tikanga
- Experience in working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, in particular Māori and Pacifica
- Experience in working with whānau, hapū, iwi and other cultural groups, to gather knowledge of whakapapa
- Established relationships and networks with local Iwi, Marae and community
- The ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences and build and maintain rapport with others.
- The ability to apply the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and the Oranga Tamariki Act 1989
- Excellent computer, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- A current, full, clean driver licence.
We welcome your application for this position.
For further information about the role, please contact Louise Heke, Kairaranga, email@example.com phone: 03-984-4283.
Internal Oranga Tamariki employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
All external applicants including MSD employees – please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system. Please note, all applications must be made online.
Applications close: Monday 25 March 2019.