Reporting & Data Analyst
Rotorua Lakes Council
Closing Date : 29 Mar 2019
(24 Month Fixed Term)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Reporting & Data Analyst to join our Information Solutions team.
About the role
Reporting to the ERP Project Manager we are looking for someone to work cross-functionally and approve business requirements for data analysis and reporting projects, as well as use BI and database tools to develop reporting solutions to meet business needs.
Rotorua Lakes Council continues to undergo several major shifts to continuously improve systems in order to maximize the support of service we deliver to our community.
This role requires you to be involved with the implementation of OneCouncil and the delivery of significant business change that this will bring. OneCouncil will enable us to deliver online, self-service capabilities to the community, improving its ability to quickly and efficiently provide services from any device, anywhere at any time.
Duties & responsibilities
• design, develop and implement ETL process to transform structured, unstructured and disparate source data into the target data store
• provide import and support to the Data Migration Lead as part of a significant ERP replacement project
• transition developed BI systems to the Operations & Support teamsdesign and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
• develop detailed test plans and cases, while performing hands-on testing activities
To be successful for this position you will need:
• 5+ years’ experience working within or implementing enterprise-scale reporting initiatives
• extensive experience in the use of SQL and RDBMS systems in particular Microsoft SQL Server.
• ability to manage multiple priorities and assess and adjust quickly to changing prioritie
• ability to work in teams and to lead the tasks and activities by themselves
• excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
• fantastic communication skills both internal and external
• excellent people skills
• 5+ years’ experience with data warehouse implementations
• Solid knowledge of a DBA skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to cover the breadth of a driven organisation by applying your knowledge and passion of both business analysis and process analysis tools and methodologies. Coupled with your excellent people skills and business acumen you will be working directly with key stakeholders ensuring systems and processes are continuously improved so will have proven ability at developing and maintaining effective relationships at all levels of the organisation.
Te Kaunihera o nga Roto o Rotorua (Rotorua Lakes Council) is committed to working in partnership with Te Arawa, our local iwi. We aspire to being a bicultural organisation and we value staff who speak te reo Maori, have an appreciation of Maori values, and a working knowledge of tikanga Maori.
Think you’re up for the challenge? Check out the Position Description and send us your application now!
Applications close Sunday 29 March 2019