Health Promoters - ARPHS Health Improvement
Auckland District Health Board
Closing Date : 26 Mar 2019
Are you passionate about ensuring that decisions that impact Tamaki Makaurau have wellbeing at the forefront?
We have multiple Health Promoter vacancies within our Health Improvement Team at Auckland Regional Public Health Service (ARPHS). We work across the areas of alcohol, Healthy Auckland Together, early childhood, smokefree and workplace health and wellbeing.
Key responsibilities of role include:
- Developing and implementing health promotion programmes and projects to improve population health in the Auckland region.
- Influencing Auckland’s public policy and health systems.
- Building and maintaining health promotion networks to support collaborative working.
- Applying a health equity lens to shape Tamaki Makaurau so all flourish
We offer a great team culture, a central work location and continuous professional growth and programme development opportunities.
The Auckland Regional Public Health Service (ARPHS) is New Zealand's largest public health unit, working to promote and protect the health and wellbeing of all people in the Auckland region through the provision of a wide range of high quality public health programmes.
As successful candidate you will:
- Be a strategic thinker committed to achieving health equity and improving outcomes for people in Tāmaki Makaurau.
- Ideally have 3+ years’ experience in health promotion, project management or a relevant discipline, and experience working with Māori and Pacific Peoples.
- Preferably have a qualification relevant to public health.
- Have a full New Zealand driver’s licence.
These are permanent full time positions with some flexibility - Monday to Friday.
Click here for full position description.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori & Pacific communities. Our organisation values diversity, inclusivity and empathy. If you do too apply now and join us to make a positive difference for Tamaki Makaurau.
For further information about this opportunity please contact Jacqui Yip, Senior Health Advisor, Health Improvement Team at JacquiY@adhb.govt.nz.
If this opportunity interests you, we would love to hear from you!
Applications Close: 26th March 2019
To apply: please visit our website: www.careers.adhb.govt.nz quoting AUC03947 and attach your current CV and a cover letter.
For help with your online application, please contact Aqeela Razvi-Recruitment Consultant at Aqeelar@adhb.govt.nz
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is not a Children’s Worker as defined by the Act.