Ngāi Tahu Farming
Closing Date : 24 Feb 2019
Kia hiwa rā!
We believe in growing and farming the most sustainable products for the betterment of people and the planet. This is an opportunity for you to join our journey.
Our kaupapa (purpose) is based on the values and vision of Ngāi Tahu iwi and is best represented by the Ngāi Tahu proverb Toitū te Marae o Tāne, Toitū te Marae o Tangaroa, Toitū te Iwi; 'when land and water are sustained, the people will prosper'.
Ngāi Tahu Farming is the Kaitiaki (guardian) of the most significant whenua (land) footprint for Ngāi Tahu whānui, spanning almost 100,000 ha of farm and forestry land in Te Waipounamu (the South Island).
Our Dairy team consists of eight Dairy Farms and five Dairy Support Farms on 3450 ha of irrigated pasture at Te Whenua Hou (Eyrewell), half an hour north of Christchurch. Each of the farms operates a 64 bale fully automated rotary shed, utilising the Protrack management system, and a fully pivoted irrigation system, which also spreads effluent, and utilises a number of other best-practice technologies.
With the new season approaching, we currently have opportunities for Dairy Production Managers, Dairy Farm Assistants, and Relief Milkers to join our whānau.
What we can offer the successful applicant?
- Farm systems which utilise best practice technologies and target top 20% performance;
- 5 days on, 2 days off roster, or 6 days on, 2 days off roster during calving and mating;
- Great opportunities for learning and career progression;
- Competitive remuneration including health and life Insurance.
Our ideal candidate will have:
We look for people who have the personality and expertise that can help us adopt and contribute to a circular economy which puts sustainability and people at the heart of everything we do:
- At least 2 years' experience working on a New Zealand dairy farm;
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to learn and progress;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- A commitment to Ngāi Tahu Farming's quadruple bottom line;
- An awareness and understanding of Ngāi Tahu values and a willingness to learn tikanga and te reo Māori.
Ngāi Tahu Farming is committed to kia hoki ora atu; ensuring everyone is home safe every day, so before starting with us, you will go through a range of checks, including drug and alcohol testing.
We will consider and actively encourage internal and external secondments. To apply, please click here and submit your application online. For confidential enquiries, please contact Amanda Davison, People and Development Advisor on 03 974 0088 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: You will not be able to apply from a mobile device and your resume should not exceed 1MB in size.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Job Details : Reference # 13122