Communications and Media Manager
People & Co / Office of Film & Literature Classification
- Pivotal management role
- Dynamic ever-changing landscape
- Make a difference in the lives of parents and young people
Wellington’s most exciting communications role is now available. Talented, creative and energetic communications professionals should apply now!
The communications and media relations manager is a key role reporting to New Zealand’s Chief Censor. The Office of Film & Literature Classification is New Zealand’s trusted centre of expertise, providing classifications, reliable warnings and valued guidance every day.
We’re looking for a communications superstar who’ll bring energy and know-how and really make their mark. With exciting changes ahead, the right person will have true passion and commitment to the role and organisation, as we move along in a fast changing environment.
While outstanding communication skills and the ability to work and provide strategic advice within the senior leadership team is a given, you’ll also bring to the role:
- Drive, ambition and the ability to hit the ground running.
- Experience developing and implementing effective multi-channel, multi-audience communication strategies.
- Excellent media experience and nous.
- Outstanding relationship, stakeholder and team management skills.
- An ability to turn your hand to other pieces of work, including research programmes.
In addition, you’ll:
- Be pragmatic yet creative, with a sharp eye for opportunities.
- Be able to lead and mentor cross-team working parties.
- Have your finger on the pulse of social trends/discourse with a balanced attitude to diversity of thought and action.
- Be committed to developing authentic relationships through kanohi ki te kanohi (face-to-face) interaction, eager to improve our engagement with rangatahi, and developing our Te Ao Māori Strategy.
- Have strong resilience – we sometimes view disturbing/distressing content.
If this sounds like the role for you contact Jacaleen Williamson 04 931 9450 or Michele Walls on 04 931 9448 quoting job number 18857 to discuss this exciting opportunity further. Otherwise CLICK HERE and attach your CV and a cracking cover letter now! All applications will be electronically acknowledged.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz