Ngāti Koata Trust, Nelson
Closing Date : 31 Jan 2019
Ngati Koata Trust based in Nelson, is charged with setting the strategic direction of the organisation, protecting the culture identity, assets and heritage, for future generations.
Building the cultural capacity of the people is of fundamental importance to the kaupapa of the organisation. We are seeking a General Manager to lead the organisation to deliver a robust strategic leadership direction, and in partnership with the Board, be accountable for overall organisational success. In addition; demonstrating superior operating skills; financial acumen; the ability to manage risk and excellent people management skills; and the means to formulate a plan of action and execute it swiftly and decisively.
Your prior experience will be founded on credibility, with a proven track record and hands-on involvement in the organisations you have previously led.
Key accountabilities of the position are to include;
- Delivering on strategic and operational plans.
- Oversight of day to day operational management, planning, reporting, financial and staff management.
- Promoting a high-performance culture of ownership and accountability.
- Providing support to the Board including high quality, accurate information, risk and gap analysis.
- Leading, and developing organisational cultural capacity.
- Lead social and cultural economic drivers.
Skills, expertise and competencies of the position are to include;
- The proven ability in a GM, CEO or comparable senior level position.
- A relevant degree.
- Competent level of pronunciation of Tē Reo Māori, well-versed in tikanga
- Experience in the translation of strategy into operational success.
- Proven relationship management and communication skills.
- A strong track record in operational management.
- Prior skills in strategic and financial planning, the production of annual budgets forecasting and risk analysis.
- The ability to provide oversight of day to day operational management, planning, reporting, financial and staff management.
- Exceptional financial acumen.
- Skilled in the presentation budgets, audits and compliance data to Board level.
Significant is your ability to lead with mana and have an exceptional cultural competency which will allow you to strengthen existing partnerships and stakeholder interests.
Applications will be required by application via Expressions of Interest including their CV.
The job description and other material as requested will be forward to all who register an interest.
Registration of interest and applications will close on 31st January 2019.
For a confidential discussion please contact Sacha MacDonald at 027 386 9288.
Apply online: https://www.seek.co.nz/job/37975762