Investment Advisor x2
Closing Date : 25 Jan 2019
Investing in Māori language revitalisation
Te Mātāwai is now recruiting for two Investment Advisor positions that assist Pae Motuhake (our regional clusters) with investment planning, investment processes and decisions. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with communities that are responsible for leading out the investment strategy. Te Mātāwai is a new independent statutory entity established to lead revitalisation of te reo Māori on behalf of iwi and Māori.
All positions are full-time, permanent positions based in Wellington. Experience in investment (particularly funding for communities) is an advantage however Te Mātāwai is open to receiving applications from both senior and junior level applicants.
Te Mātāwai background
Te Mātāwai was established by the Māori Language Act 2016. The Act is written in te reo Māori and English, with the Māori language text prevailing – a first for the New Zealand legal system. Literally translated Te Mātāwai means fountainhead. In the context of te reo Māori revitalisation, Te Mātāwai embodies the fresh waters from a spring contributing to the preservation of te reo Māori as a taonga of Aotearoa. Te Mātāwai recently finalised the Maihi Māori Strategy. The vision of the Maihi Māori Strategy is Kia ūkaipō anō te reo – te reo Māori is restored as a nurtured first language.
Te Mātāwai has three core functions:
- Te Mātāuru – investment in Māori language activities ($10.8 million in 2018/19).
- Te Mātātupu – investment in research ($1 million each year).
- Te Matatū – operational funding for the office and Board ($3 million each year).
Other functions of Te Mātāwai include:
- Making appointments to Māori Television Service and nominations to Te Māngai Pāho and Te Taura Whiri i Te Reo Māori.
- Exercising joint leadership over Māori Television Service with the Ministers for Māori Development and Finance.
For a copy of any of the detailed position descriptions (including indicative salary ranges) please contact email@example.com.
Applications will close on 25 January 2019. Interviews will be scheduled from 4 February 2019 onwards.