Kahungunu Ki Wairarapa
Closing Date : 24 Dec 2018
Kahungunu ki Wairarapa is an iwi organisation that is involved with creating, seeking, and responding to opportunities that will enable and assist our people to grow and develop.
We are looking for a General Manager that has experience in working as a change agent or transition manager as we are looking to merge our organisation with the Ngati Kahungunu ki Wairarapa Settlement Iwi Development Trust.
This role is based in our offices in the Wairarapa therefore is preferable that the successful candidate is based within the Wairarapa rohe. Having a key role not only in opportunities that will grow and develop our people but also in working with the Settlement Trust to ensure the transitioning of the two organisations is as seamless and as least disruptive as possible.
What we are looking for
You will have the ability and experience to develop exceptional relationship skills.
You will be an experienced negotiator and have strong communication skills.
You will also be a team player and positive contributor to an iwi operational environment.
What you will be responsible for
- Fiscally responsible for the ongoing growth and development of the organisation.
- Gaining new contracts that will affect the lives of our people
- Meeting the needs of our contracts that we are presently operating
- Identifying new strategies and opportunities that will grow our business and enable our people to grow
- Negotiating and maintaining key relationships within the community
- Developing a positive working relationship with the Settlement Trust
- Developing the team for sustainable success.
What’s on offer
- The opportunity to work in an iwi space
- An inclusive environment where you can really make a difference;
- Contribution to not only to our organisation’s future but also the future for whanau, hapu and iwi
If you are interested in applying for this role and believe you have the experience, skills and drive that we need in our growing business, please submit your covering letter and resume by 5 pm on Monday 24thDecember 2018.
NB: 2 Referees and a Police Check will be required
Email or post your application to :
Kahungunu Ki Wairarapa
187-189 Queen Street (rear office)
PO Box 132
Ph: 06 377 5436