Tauira Mahi Project Coordinator
Hawkes Bay Regional Council
Closing Date : 26 Nov 2018
Tauira Mahi Project Coordinator (Predator Free Hawke's Bay) (Vacancy 18-975)
Hawke’s Bay Regional Council is looking for enthusiastic candidates for an exciting Two Year Fixed Term role within the Predator Free Hawke’s Bay (PFHB) project, with scope for a further two years
This role is a development opportunity targeted to cultivate skills for future project management that will particularly focus in the Whakatipu Mahia project. The initial 12-24 months training will be in both the Napier and Mahia areas so will require the availability to travel between both areas. A commitment or understanding of the aspirations of the Rongomaiwahine Iwi Trust would be preferred.
The Tauira Mahi Project Coordinator will be trained alongside the Project Leader of PFHB and Project Manager of the Whangawehi Catchment Management Group with opportunities to work alongside local Department of Conservation, Ngā Whenua Rahui and the broader HBRC Catchment Services team
The Successful Candidate will;
- Assist the project management of the Whakatipu Mahia Predator Free Mahia project to ensure the successful delivery of project functions.
- Assist with the overall planning and implementation to meet projects milestones.
- Assist with funding applications as required to support the project
- Assist with project communications at local level and input for the wider regional and national levels.
- Be prepared to further develop leadership qualities.
- Add value to the project.
- Build personal capability and Iwi capacity.
- Maintain and build Iwi and other key stakeholder relationships and links to wider Hawke’s bay ecological restoration activities.
- Assist with scoping and developing opportunities beyond the core project deliverables
Whilst the role will largely be based in the Mahia area, the flexibility to work and attend training in Napier from time to time will be required. A current and clean full drivers licence mandatory with a commitment to the aspirations of the Mahia community preferred.
If you think you are the right person for the role apply via our website: https://www.hbrc.govt.nz/our-council/careers/job-vacancies/article/587
The Job Description is also located here.
Applications close Monday 26 November.