Tauira Mahi Predator Control Assistant
Hawkes Bay Regional Council
Closing Date : 26 Nov 2018
Tauira Mahi Predator Control Assistant (Predator Free Hawke's Bay) (Vacancy 18-973)
Hawke’s Bay Regional Council is looking for two candidates for an exciting Two Year Fixed Term role within the Predator Free Hawke’s Bay (PFHB) project with scope for a further two years
The initial 12-24 months training will be in both the Napier and Mahia areas so will require the availability to travel between both areas. One role will have some focus on working within the Whakatipu Mahia project, so an understanding of the aspirations of the Rongomaiwahine Trust would be beneficial. The other role will have some focus on working within the Poutiri Ao ō Tāne project, so an understanding of the aspirations of the Maungaharuru Tangitū Trust would be beneficial.
The successful candidates will;
- Be trained alongside experienced predator control operators to carry out the day to day pest control for predator pests on farmland.
- Have opportunities to work alongside local Department of Conservation, Ngā Whenua Rahui and the broader HBRC Catchment Services team
- Need to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have good communication skills
- Be committed and adhere to biosecurity and health and safety protocols at all times.
- Have a current and clean full driver’s license.
- Experience with 4x4, LUV/Quadbike and/or a firearms license would be an advantage.
The Tauira Mahi Predator Control Assistants will integrate across other work streams of the project to develop an understanding of ecological restoration, innovation and leadership development.
This is a development role and training will be provided. You will need to be committed to the role, keen and open to learning.
If you think you are the right person for the role, apply via our website: https://www.hbrc.govt.nz/our-council/careers/job-vacancies/article/586
The Job Description for this role is also located here.
Applications close Monday 26 November.