Lecturer in Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Sciences
University of Otago
Closing Date : 13 Jan 2020
SCHOOL of PHYSICAL EDUCATION, SPORT and EXERCISE SCIENCES
Based in Dunedin, the School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Sciences at the University of Otago has a long-standing international reputation as a leader in education, research and community service. The 2018 QS World University rankings (12th in the world) confirm that Otago is New Zealand's leading university in sport related subjects.
We are seeking to appoint a full-time, permanent (confirmation path) Lecturer in Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Sciences. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Developing new courses, teaching materials, and assessing student performance in our major curriculum topics such as: Exercise and Sport Science; Physical Education, Activity and Health; Sport Development and Management; Sports Technology.
- Contributing to the research activities of the School, including publications in high-quality peer-reviewed journals, obtaining external funding support and supervising research students.
- Contributing to the effective and efficient running of the School and its responsibilities within the University and wider community.
Your Skills and Experience
You will ideally have experience teaching in the field of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Science at a tertiary institution as well as:
- A doctoral degree.
- Current accreditation with relevant professional bodies is desirable but not mandatory (e.g., Sport and Exercise Science New Zealand, Physical Education New Zealand, British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences, Exercise and Sports Science Australia, American College of Sports Medicine etc.).
Collaboration and collegiality are important values in our department and we seek a colleague who will both enjoy and enhance our cooperative work environment. We are committed to equity and we value the benefits that diversity brings to our work and our community.
In addition to research and teaching excellence, the University is committed through its Strategic Direction to local national, and international betterment; strong external engagement; sustainable capability; providing outstanding and unique student experiences. The Dunedin campus has been ranked as one of the top 15 most beautiful in the world. The city has affordable living, excellent schools, and a great array of activities, ranging from Art and Literature to outdoor activities.
This is a unique opportunity for an energetic, creative and committed individual to make a significant impression and contribution in their chosen discipline while being well supported by a collegial and dynamic Department and University.
Applications quoting reference number 1802031 will close on Sunday, 13 January 2019.
To see a full job description and to apply online go to: https://otago.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=1802031
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.
E tautoko ana Te Whare Wananga o Otago i te kaupapa whakaorite whiwhinga mahi.