Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer in Social Work, Part-Time
University of Auckland
Closing Date : 07 Nov 2018
Faculty of Education and Social Work
He aha te mea nui o te ao. He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Social Work Practitioner / Social Work Academic to join us at either Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level, to undertake research, research-informed teaching and thesis supervision in social work, and to mentor Māori students to develop professional identities as Māori Practitioners and Researchers.
- In this position, you will deliver high quality social work teaching using pedagogical practices that are informed by an in-depth understanding of relevant cultural knowledge, research, practice settings and issues
- You'll also provide support and guidance to Māori students in the School of Counselling, Human Services and Social Work - Te Kura Tauwhiro Tangata
- You'll design assessment, evaluation and reports on student learning using appropriate and effective assessment methods and principles to enhance quality learning
- You will have the opportunity to develop collegial relationships with Māori academics in other disciplines and schools across the faculty - particularly Te Puna Wānanga (the School of Māori and Indigenous Education)
Who are we looking for?
- You will be a registered Social Worker, holding an MSW. A PhD (awarded or underway) is a distinct advantage
- You will hold recent social work practice experience, preferably in the field of health or mental health
- You will possess good relationships with Iwi, statutory, and community-based organisations
The University of Auckland is New Zealand's leading University, with a turnover of $1.1bn, including research revenue of over $200m generated across eight diverse faculties and two research institutes. We employ more than 5400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ's largest employers.
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through flexible employment practices and a culture that encourages and supports staff to reach their full potential. We offer a competitive salary, five weeks' annual leave, and over 300 different career development courses.
In addition, the University offers a company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
This is a part-ime position, at 32 hours per week.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Barb Staniforth, Director of Social Work, at email@example.com
Applications close Wednesday, 7 November 2018.
For further information and to apply online please visit www.auckland.ac.nz/opportunities
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, equity groups, parenting support and flexible work go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
Direct enquiries only please - no agencies.