Director of Finance, Human Resources and Administration
Closing Date : 04 Nov 2018
Māori Television aims to deliver engaging and entertaining content from a Māori perspective, and high quality content in te reo Māori across multiple platforms. Our vision is connecting the world to te ao Māori or Te kūaha ki te ao Māori,which will result in the revitalisation of te reo me ngā tikanga Māori.
Māori Television is currently undergoing a strategic refresh which is aimed at repositioning the organisation for the long term. We are currently seeking a talented and experienced leader who will oversee our finance, HR and administration team.
You will be responsible for the strategic development, long-range planning and financial accounting and controls, corporate administration and Human Resources. You will be a key member of the senior leadership team and help drive Māori Television's long-term strategy.
The successful applicant for this role will have the following:
- A New Zealand qualified accountancy qualification with membership of a recognised professional body.
- Proven experience in finance teams in commercial or advisory organisations
- Executive level knowledge of operational Human Resources and clear understanding of Employment and Contract Law
- Executive level experience of corporate administration within an organisation
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to facilitate good discussions around the optimal allocation of resources between competing demands, and to build relationships with external stakeholders
- Proven ability to work effectively in a small team, and to provide sound leadership to the team members
- Excellent project management skills, including evidence of accountability in delivering on key projects, with the ability to work well within a diverse team
- Meticulous attention to detail, and ability to demand the same of your team
- Personal integrity and profile consistent with Māori Television's values, culture and kaupapa
- An understanding of kaupapa Māori delivery of services, and be able to demonstrate a commitment to te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori
- The capacity to work across the multi-dimensional demands of the role with ease and ensure the core business is performing
If you have the knowledge, the passion for the industry, and desire to shape our organisation's future, we would very much like to hear from you.
For more information please email email@example.com or send your cover letter and CV in confidence to:
Pūmanawa Tangata Department
PO Box 113 017
or email HR@maoritelevision.com
Applications close Sunday, 4 November 2018.