Iwi Engagement Advisor
Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu
Closing Date : 24 Oct 2018
Permanent / Full Time
Kia hiwa rā!
Our communications and engagement team is expanding and we're excited to be hiring an Iwi Engagement Advisor. This newly-created position (reporting directly to the Group Head) will be critical for us as we establish ourselves as a high-performing team that will have a positive impact on future generations. This is a unique, strategic role for a highly reputable, thriving iwi organisation and we'd love to hear from you if this piques your interest!
Working alongside the Group's leadership team, this role has been set up to advise the Group Head on how we can best engage with iwi through all our communications channels and in person at events throughout Te Waipounamu and further afield. You will have the opportunity to share your knowledge of te reo and tikanga, provide strategic stakeholder engagement advice at a senior level, and further build on iwi relationships you already have. You can expect an interesting mix of work and a fun, engaged team to work alongside. Some travel will be required, but otherwise you'll be based in our Addington office.
What we're looking for:
- At least three years in a stakeholder engagement or communications role (or experience teaching te reo Māori)
- At least an undergraduate qualification in a related field such as communications, journalism or te reo Māori.
- Experience providing strategic advice directly to senior leaders/executives.
- Understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and its application to the work of Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu.
- Strong awareness of an affinity for the needs and aspirations of Ngāi Tahu whānau.
- Project management expertise in a busy, complex environment.
- Familiarity with Ngāi Tahu whānau, hapū and iwi and the ability to identify and build key relationships.
- Knowledge of te reo and tikanga - plus the ability to confidently share that knowledge within the team.
What we can offer in return:
- A fun, fast-paced, team environment
- Opportunities for professional development
- Free car parking onsite
- Competitive salary
- Great coffee (in our onsite café)
- Wellbeing activities, such as lunchtime fitness classes
- Health and wellbeing insurance
- Laptop and phone
- Social activities with the team
For confidential enquiries, please contact: Linda Falwasser on 021 311 451.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!