Business Administrator- Fixed Term 6 months
Te Awanui Huka Pak Ltd, Mount Maunganui
Closing Date : 31 Oct 2018
Company : Te Awanui Huka Pak Ltd
Job Description: Business Administrator
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Date: September 2018
We are looking for a dynamic superstar to join our team as Business Administrator.
About Te Awanui
Te Awanui Huka Pak was founded in 1984 by a collective of Maori kiwifruit growers as a way to expand their influence across the value chain.
Our vision is to be a prosperous, commercially innovative Maori collective. To achieve that vision, our strategy aptly named ‘Growing Our Future’ focuses on diversification, optimisation, capability and innovation.
Our services include a one stop shop business support service for Maori trusts, orchard consultancy, and training and education programmes for rangatahi.
Te Awanui currently has total investments in excess of $20m consisting primarily of commercial property and shares in publicly listed Seeka Ltd. Our shareholder whanau have in excess of $200m with interests in kiwifruit, avocados, commercial property, pastoral farming, elder care and other investments. Most of our shareholders provide social and cultural distributions and benefits to their kaumatua, shareholders and whanau.
We are looking for a reliable Business Administrator. They will undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently.
The tasks of the office administrator will include ensuring the day to day operations run smoothly and essentially being the face of the organisation. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritising and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy.
Duties and responsibilities:
The position includes or attaches the following duties and responsibilities, and any duties and responsibilities reasonably incidental to those:
- Assisting the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in the management / administration for this company, which includes co-ordinating, minute taking, action plan accountability for meetings including Board meetings
- Ensuring all company documentation is acted on, completed and filed using appropriate systems,
- Coordinating internal and external events including company newsletters
- Being the primary point of contact for the company which includes answering calls and ensuring all requests are addressed
- To provide support to the team as requested with procurement, logistics, travel, meeting coordination and general business support
- Hosting and supporting all visitors while on site
- Supporting SLT with collation of data against key milestones, financial and non-financial Board meetings
- Providing back up to the finance team with accounts data entry
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and office management software
- Knowledge of Te Reo Maori and Tikanga is beneficial
- Experience in working with Maori trusts is beneficial
- Experience in horticulture industry is beneficial
Fixed term: 6 months
Type: Part Time- 30 hours a week
If this sounds like you and you are keen to develop your career then we want to hear from you!
Communications and Business Development Manager