Press Secretary (Māori) - Green Party
Parliamentary Services, Wellington
Closing Date : 21 Oct 2018
The Green Party is looking for an experienced communication professional with advanced knowledge of te ao Māori, including Māori political analysis and Treaty issues to join their team.
The Green Party is looking for someone with at least three years' communications experience to provide support across the full range of Green Party communications work and provide media advice to Green Party MPs on issues of particular relevance to Māori. This person will help to sustain positive media coverage of the Green Party and Green Party MPs and ensure that the Co-leaders and MPs are kept up to date on Māori media and political matters. They will also maintain strong working relationships with Māori media journalists.
We need someone with:
- Experience across all communications channels, including press and digital
- Established relationships with Māori media journalists
- Advanced knowledge of te ao Māori, including Māori political analysis and Treaty issues
- Working knowledge of te reo Māori preferred (does not require fluency)
- Experience/involvement in hapu, iwi and Māori communities
- Understanding of Green Party principles and their relationship to one another
- Previous political experience in a media or communications role
You will work on a range of communications and create and develop messaging across Green Party channels including digital, media and print. You will also prepare news releases, features, backgrounds, and speeches for MPs.
This is a fantastic opportunity to use your expertise to develop communications around Green Party values and work directly with our Co-leaders and Green MPs. Join us during this exciting time, where no two days are the same!
This role closes at midnight on Sunday, 21 October 2018.
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Talent@parliament.govt.nz
The Parliamentary Service appoints on merit and is committed to EEO and good employer principles.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site https://careers.parliament.govt.nz/home and enter the job code 18824MAHI.