Personal Assistant to General Manager, Te Taumatua
Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu
Closing Date : 18 Oct 2018
Kia hiwa rā!
Te Taumatua is the pou responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of the core services through which tribal members can determine their membership and enhance their Ngāi Tahutanga, incorporating the Whakapapa team, tribal archive and cultural mapping, Kotahi Mano Kāika - Ngāi Tahu te reo team and the Ngāi Tahu Funds team who oversee the distribution of funds for cultural and marae development for iwi members and Papatipu Rūnanga. Our new PA to the General Manager will need to have an advanced beginner to intermediate understanding and use of te reo Māori and a strong interest in Ngāi Tahu culture and history.
We are currently seeking to appoint an experienced professional who is culturally savvy to the position of Personal Assistant to the General Manager. Day to day you will be responsible for general PA activities including diary management, travel arrangements, editing and formatting of documents, coordination of meetings, minute taking, Board reporting, and other ad hoc administrative and support duties. The PA will also have a special project to coordinate data entry into our cultural leadership database. In this role the ability to multi-task and manage relationships will be essential to success in supporting the General Manager and the wider Te Taumatua team.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Manaakitanga, in your welcoming and helpful manner
- Kotahitanga, as a collaborative and supportive team player
- Tohungatanga, displayed through the delivery of high quality work
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 3 - 5 years' experience as a Senior PA level
- Advanced user of Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook including diary management.
- Advanced knowledge of administrative policies, procedures and technology.
- Good knowledge of te reo Māori me ōna tikanga is essential
- Prior experience working within a kaupapa Māori environment
- Strong awareness of and affinity for the needs and aspirations of Ngāi Tahu whānau
Above all else you will be able to display common sense and initiative, be reliable, diligent, and resilient and be able to work autonomously. In return you will be part of a dedicated, supportive and high performing team who take pride in their mahi providing excellent customer service to tribal members, colleagues and manuhiri.
The Office of Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu is a dynamic organisation that exists to support the tribal institutions of Ngāi Tahu and to give effect to the aspirations of Ngāi Tahu Whānui guided by our vision of 'mō tātou, ā, mō kā uri ā muri ake nei' (for us and our children after us).
Please follow the link below to apply online. For confidential enquiries, please contact Megan Te Kahu, HR Advisor on 03 974 0116.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Job Details# 12342