Kotahi Mano Kāika Advisor
Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu
Closing Date : 18 Oct 2018
Permanent - Full time
Kia hiwa rā!
He kōrero Māori koe? E kākaunui ana koe ki tō tātou reo kāmehameha? He mātau ā-wheako ōu ki te whakarauorataka o te reo, waihoki e mōhio ana koe ki kā rautaki whakaora reo, mahere reo o te hapori, o te whānau rānei? He pūkeka ōu ki te akiaki, ki te tautoko i kā uri o Kāi Tahu ki te whakarauora i te reo Māori ki te kāika hai reo tuku iho?
Kai te kimi mātou i tētahi Kaitohutohu mō Kotahi Mano Kāika (KMK) kia tautoko ai i tō mātou kāhui pukumahi ki Ōtautahi.
Kotahi Mano Kāika, Kotahi Mano Wawata.
Is the Kotahi Mano Kāika vision statement something you aspire to?
Are you committed to reo revitalisation? Can you support whānau to regenerate te reo Māori as a living language in our homes, in our everyday lives; are you up for the challenge? Do you have te reo skills and knowledge to provide support within the iwi and beyond? If so, we are seeking passionate team members who are able to effectively communicate with Kāi Tahu individuals and whānau.
We are seeking a Kotahi Mano Kāika (KMK) Advisor, to support our busy team in Ōtautahi.
This role will:
- contribute to the coordination of the KMK funds;
- provide Māori language planning support and advice to Kāi Tahu groups and individuals, encouraging engagement and participation in KMK projects and events;
- contribute to the development of te reo resources to support whānau te reo transmission in the home;
- lead various reo revitalisation events and projects as directed;
- provide support where necessary to events occurring across the KMK team, and contribute to the strategic work plans of the KMK and the wider Te Taumatua teams.
The ability to build and foster effective relationships and networks within Kāi Tahu communities and Papatipu Rūnaka is a must within this diverse role. We require applicants with first class written and oral communication skills, high fluency in te reo, and a good understanding of Kāi Tahu cultural knowledge. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong desire to work for an iwi organisation as part of a supportive and busy team. We are dedicated to the personal and professional development of our iwi and strive to support, guide and grow their capability.
For further information and confidential enquiries, please contact Paulette Tamati-Elliffe KMK Programme Leader on 021714658 or Megan Te Kahu, HR Advisor on 03 974 0116.
Mō tātou, ā, mō kā uri ā muri ake nei.
Job Details: Reference # 12343