Kairangahau Māori (Senior Māori Research Scientist)
AgResearch, Palmerston North or Christchurch
Closing Date : 19 Oct 2018
The role and opportunity
AgResearch is looking for a passionate Kairangahau Māori to provide thought leadership and lead AgResearch's research portfolio towards Māori centred and kaupapa Māori research.
The Senior Māori Research Scientist will be responsible for delivery of high quality Te Ao Māori rangahau and/or science outcomes, across multiple areas of specialisation relevant to Māori stakeholder and pastoral industry priorities.
You will be a significant contributor and authority in your field of research developing the Māori Agribusiness portfolio's research priority areas and providing strategic research direction, further identifying and converting opportunities into successful R&D proposals and outcomes.
The ideal person will provide guidance and leadership in difficult or complex fields of research, be well connected with relevant Māori stakeholders, and have a sound understanding of the challenges and opportunities faced by Māori Agribusiness.
This role can be based at our Grasslands Campus in Palmerston North or our Lincoln Campus in Christchurch.
What you will be doing
- Actively identifies new opportunities for delivering R&D solutions of marked importance to the NZ economy, and specifically the Māori economy.
- Contributes and provides Te Ao Māori leadership and perspective to additional funding proposals.
- Contributes to the development of Te Ao Māori capability within the research team.
- Consistently delivers high quality, relevant research.
- Working closely with the Science Team Leader to establish project directions, allocation of resources, project costs and timeframes.
- Works with Kaiurungi Māori, Sector Managers, Account Managers, Science Group Leaders and other Scientists to maintain strategic partnerships and generate new opportunities.
Your ideal background
- PhD degree in a directly related field of science.
- Has a proven record of accomplishment of research and development in a directly related field of science and Te Ao Māori rangahau with a national reputation and at least 10 years relevant post-graduate scientific experience
- Excellent peer-reviewed publication record in high impact indigenous research journals and/or scientific journal.
- Ensures Māori participation in research is high by involving Māori in the design and/or undertaking of the research
- Project Management qualifications would be an added advantage.
AgResearch provide a diverse range of benefits including flexible working options that help our staff balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments. You can view the full list here: http://www.agresearchcareers.co.nz/working-here/our-benefits/
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today on the link below with a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this position.
For a confidential discussion, contact Robbyn Pendrey on 021 195 6532.
Applications close:Friday 19th October 2018 at 5.00pm.