Residential Workers - Nights (Casual)
Oranga Tamariki, Canterbury
Closing Date : 03 Oct 2018
Te Puna O Tuhinapo provides a 24/7 secure residential facility to young people aged between 14-17 years old.
We work to keep our young people connected to the positive influences in their lives - mentors, whānau, work and community based programmes.
As a casual Night Attendant, you may be called upon to work a shift during the period Monday to Sunday, from 10.00pm to 6.30am. Because our casual pool provides support when relief is required, you may be called upon at short-notice.
You will be on the floor in the residence with the rangatahi. You need to be able to quickly build rapport, set boundaries and role model good behaviour. Safety and security are key elements of these shifts.
- High levels of honesty and integrity.
- A good level of computer literacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A full clean driver licence with.
- A genuine interest in making a positive difference in the lives of young people.
- Understanding and appreciation of other cultures.
- Good initiative and the ability to make good, safe decisions quickly.
- To meet all our pre-employment checks.
For further information about these roles please contact Dianne McGimpsey on 03 977 5404.
Apply online with your CV and cover letter outlining why you would make a great Residential Night Attendant. Please note, only applications made through our careers page will be accepted.
– please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as an internal candidate.
- including Ministry of Social Development employees, please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system.