Registered Nurse (Full time, permanent)
Raukawa Trust Board
Closing Date : 26 Sep 2018
Well Child Tamariki Ora Nurse
If you are a registered nurse with a passion to work with families/ whānau/ caregivers and their tamariki from birth to the ages of 5 years old, then we want to hear from you! The Tiwai Hauora Clinical Service team is seeking an experienced and qualified clinical nurse to deliver the Well Child Tamariki Ora programme within the South Waikato.
As the successful candidate, you will be committed to working with families in the South Waikato and surrounding district, with the aim of providing support, assistance and advocacy to ensure optimum health and wellbeing for the youngest members of our community.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a registered nurse with a current annual practicing certificate
- Have previous experience in working in the community with whānau
- Have a minimum of 3 years nursing experience
- Have completed, or be willing to undertake Well Child Tamariki Ora specific training or New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Social and Community Services) (Level 4).
- Skills and experience related to Tamariki wellbeing and healthy development
- Have an understanding of Te Reo me ona Tikanga o Raukawa
- Have a basic understanding of Te Reo Māori
- Be able to work in a culturally appropriate, safe and responsive manner
- Possess a valid and full Class 1 drivers licence
- Experience working with Iwi/Māori organisations is desirable.