Digital Technology Educator
Rotorua Lakes Council
Closing Date : 04 Oct 2018
Are you a positive and energetic teacher who is passionate about technology and making a difference for Rotorua students?
Te Aka Mauri, the new Library and Children’s Health Hub is now open to the public and providing a brand new purpose-built Makerspace, a collaborative workspace for making, learning, exploring and sharing. We are looking for a dedicated teacher to join our friendly education team to implement and lead Makerspace learning programmes. This will involve the planning, delivering and evaluating of STEAM based learning sessions, guided by the New Zealand curriculum.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
• A passion for using technology to enhance and support learning
• The ability to provide unique learning opportunities, with and through technologies, that equip students to be confident, creative and innovative
• A clear understanding of the new technology curriculum
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• A can do attitude and the ability to work co-operatively with others
• Recent teaching experience in a primary, intermediate or high school setting
Te Kaunihera o nga Roto o Rotorua (Rotorua Lakes Council) is committed to working in partnership with Te Arawa, our local iwi. We aspire to being a bicultural organisation and we value staff who speak te reo Māori, have an appreciation of Māori values, and a working knowledge of tikanga Māori.
If you have a sense of humour, good common sense, and passion for and commitment to teaching and learning then you just might be the person we are looking for.
Think you’re up for the challenge? Check out the details and send us your application now!
Applications close: 4 October 2018