Enviroschools Regional Co-Coordinator
Closing Date : 29 Jul 2018
Te Upoko o te Ika a Māui / Greater Wellington
He mihi tenei ki a koutou nā Toimata Foundation
The Organisation and the Programme
Toimata Foundation is a charitable trust focused on creative sustainability. We work in partnership with 100 partner organisations to support two nationwide programmes - Te Aho Tū Roa and Enviroschools. Enviroschools is an action-based education programme where children and young people plan, design and implement sustainability projects and become catalysts for change. Over 1,000 schools and early childhood education (ECE) centres are part of Enviroschools.
Are you looking for a varied, interesting and diverse role? Would you like to play a pivotal role in a proven sustainability programme?
Effective regional leadership is vital to the integrity, success and direction of Enviroschools. In Te Upoko o te Ika a Māui / Greater Wellington the regional coordination of Enviroschools is shared between two people, working together and with specific areas of focus. The overall role involves leading the Enviroschools Te Upoko o te Ika a Māui team in the strategic aim of growing a regional network of schools and ECE centres committed to sustainability. The role also contributes to the programme at a national level.
The specific areas focus of the Co-Coordinator we are recruiting for are:
- Managing the multiple relationships that are essential to the effectiveness of Enviroschools in Wellington.
- The communications strategy for the region.
- The financial strategy for the region.
The role is based in the offices of Greater Wellington Regional Council, who provide the core funding for the Enviroschools Programme in the region. It is offered as an independent contract with an hourly rate and is 25 hours/week.
Critical to this role is a commitment to the environment and sustainability, and an interest in working in bringing about change in communities. We are seeking someone who has the following experience and qualities:
- A personal connection with the kaupapa of Enviroschools and a commitment to sustainable living.
- Proven success in developing and maintaining collaborative relationships across multiple organisations.
- Big picture thinker who operates strategically.
- Well-developed team support and management skills with an inclusive style of working that brings people together.
- Knowledge and understanding of tikanga Māori with good te reo Māori pronunciation.
- Ability to take a strategic approach to communications and convey ideas to a diverse range of audiences.
- Financial management skills.
- Pragmatic, adaptable and comfortable with the shared leadership approach.
For a copy of the job description or other information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kristen Price 07 959 7321. If this role is of interest to you and you meet the above qualities and requirements please apply by email to email@example.com. Attach your CV and include a cover letter outlining why you would like to work for Enviroschools and what you bring to this role.
Applications close midnight Sunday 29thJuly