Group Manager – Kakara Whakarei (Cultural Growth)
Raukawa Charitable Trust
Closing Date : 03 Aug 2018
Raukawa Charitable Trust has a rare and exciting opportunity for a senior leadership role. The Kakara Whakarei Business Group is responsible for three strategic areas – Cultural Education, Reo and Tikanga, and Treaty and Research. In this new role the Group Manager will be expected to provide strategic leadership and management across the Kakara Whakarei Group including initiating strategic partnerships and alliances, managing existing contracts and identifying new business opportunities.
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant post graduate or graduate level qualification.
- At least ten years relevant work experience at a senior level within a kaupapa Maori provider organisation.
- Proven ability to lead, manage and deliver strategy and tribal development programmes from planning to successful completion.
- Proven ability to lead by setting strategic direction and communicating an inspired vision of the future.
- Proficiency in Te Reo Maori.
- Experience working with Iwi/Maori and community organisations with understanding of the needs of Maori communities and whanau.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of high level external stakeholders.
- Ability to comprehensively understand and negotiate service level agreements (SLA's) and funding contracts.
- Proven experience in budget management, financial reporting and forecasting.
It would be to the advantage of candidates to have a strong Raukawa tribal knowledge and understanding of tribal history and structures.
We are looking for a high level of integrity and performance, a strong work ethic, and an open and transparent leadership style. In return we offer the opportunity to drive a cultural strategy within the organisation that will have national visibility, a professional working environment and culture, and a team who love and believe in the work that they do.
Applicants must hold a valid and full Class 1 drivers licence, and be prepared to undergo Police vetting.
Raukawa Charitable Trust operates under a Smoke-free Environment policy. For more info about the Raukawa Charitable Trust visit www.raukawa.org.nz