Chief Executive Officer - Youth Development Sector
MANA Recruitment, Ara Taiohi
Closing Date : 23 Jul 2018
Take this prominent organisation to the next exciting phase of growth, innovation and development.
- Prior management or leadership experience in the youth sector or related industry
- Wellington based national role
Ara Taiohi is the peak body for youth development in Aotearoa. The organisation’s strategic priorities are to connect the sector, raise the standards, champion youth development and promote sustainability for people and organisations working with young people.
This is an exciting time for the organisation, and on behalf of the sector, the Ara Taiohi board is looking for a leader who can take hold of the many opportunities to accelerate and grow, leveraging the organisation’s strong foundations and track record of powerful work.
As Chief Executive Officer you will report to the Ara Taiohi Board, cultivating and deepening the good relationships that the organisation has built with philanthropic and government and providing leadership and operational management across the organisation. You’ll be the face of Ara Taiohi, working with and growing collaborations with a range of key stakeholder groups in the youth development sector and beyond.
This is a highly varied and evolving position and will include:
- Building and maintaining strategic relationships across organisations, people, professions and sectors.
- Securing funding and sponsorship, reporting on current contracts, and ensuring that Ara Taiohi upholds its contractual obligations.
- Providing staff management, leadership and motivation.
- Building on the strong relationship that Ara Taiohi has established with government.
- Media spokesperson on key youth sector issues.
- Building local, regional and national engagement and membership.
- Fostering cross sector collaborations.
- Monitoring, reviewing and adapting the strategic business plan.
You will create and sustain an environment that promotes a Treaty based partnership and its responsiveness to Māori whilst working in partnership directly with Māori in the ongoing development of the role of Māori within Ara Taiohi.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Prior NGO experience, with a background in youth development prioritised. A relevant degree or extensive history working in a comparable management position.
- Demonstrated skills in funding and sponsorship.
- Prior management skills honed at a senior level.
- Staff management, leadership and motivation.
- A working knowledge of Te Reo me ona tikanga Māori.
The ability to Inspire, Energise and Deliver is critical to your ongoing success in this position.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a visionary to implement their own blend of innovation within a sustainable, focused and credible organisation committed to advocating for positive youth development at national and international levels.
Salary and benefits are consummate with skill and experience.
This position is an immediate start. To apply in complete confidence or for a copy of the job description, please email Heather Walker email@example.com or make direct contact on (09) 632 1108.
Applications Close: Monday 23rd July 2018 at 5.00pm.