Tapuika Reserves Management Planner and Authorisation Advisor
Department of Conservation
Closing Date : 23 Jul 2018
Tapuika Reserves Management Planner and Authorisation Advisor, (Temporary), (0.8FTE), Operations, Tauranga
This is a fixed-term position for 24 months.
We have a great opportunity for a fluent Te Reo speaker to work with both Tapuika Iwi Authority (Tapuika) and the Department of Conservation (DOC) to foster the development of strategic, collaborative and enduring relationships, in a most practical fashion.
The position is for a fixed-term of 24 months, for 32 hours per week (0.8 FTE) from the time of appointment, to develop a Reserves Management Plan, a Cultural Materials Plan; and outline the processes for Authorisations over Tapuika reserves and public conservation land within the boundaries of Tapuika. The position will be based three (3) days per week with Tapuika in Te Puke, and one (1) day a week with DOC in Tauranga.
The ideal applicant will have the following:
- Sound knowledge of iwi protocols and values, particularly the connection to te taiao and whenua
- Knowledge of Tapuika history, traditions and customary practices
- Excellent organisational abilities and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to effectively and positively engage with people involved with both contemporary and traditional land use
- Be able to see the big picture and to have enthusiasm to find workable practical solutions
- Knowledgeable about conservation
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online at www.doc.govt.nz/careers
Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the project description.
For more information, please contact Jessyca Bernard, firstname.lastname@example.org or ph 027 551 8180, quoting vacancy 400/3100T1.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 23 July 2018.
DOC is committed to diversity in its workforce and an inclusive workplace culture.