Haka Tours Māori Tour Manager Scholarship
Haka Tourism Group - Haka Tours
Want to spend your days showing international customers why Aotearoa is the best country in the world? If so, then a role as a Haka Tour Manager might be just the ticket…
Proudly New Zealand owned, the Haka Tourism Group is one of New Zealand’s fastest growing tourism brands, employing over 150 people across nine separate businesses.
The Haka Tourism Group has recently launched a Māori Tour Manager Scholarship to encourage more Māori to consider a career in tourism and to positively influence the under-representation of Māori Tour Managers within New Zealand.
Haka Tours are committed to ensuring cultural-based learnings and experiences are woven into all their tours, and that their company values are aligned alongside Māori cultural values.
The scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens of Māori descent over the age of 18 and provides up to $5,000 in training to help you get your Class 2 license, Passenger Endorsement, bus driving tuition, first aid certificates and anything else they believe you might need to become a Haka Tours Tour Manager.
What skills do you need to be a Haka Tour Manager?
- Have a passion for our beautiful country and love showing it off to our guests from all over the world
- Super organised - you need to be managing bookings with all our suppliers such as accommodation and activity partners and ensuring we reach our destinations on time
- A confident and super safe driver with a clean driving record - you will be trained on how to drive our small tour buses
- Love working independently, have a can-do attitude and can think on their feet
- Have masses of energy, patience and a great sense of humour
- A terrific ability to read people and get your group of strangers bonding to new best mates!
- The ability to be away from home from long stretches - our most popular tours are 16 days long
- An good understanding of tikanga Māori and a passion for passing on your knowledge to our international guests.
When is the next in-take?
The next intake is in August 2018. From here you will begin a 3mth training programme to get you on the road for summer! Depending on your current license situation, we may need to commence your training earlier.
How to you apply?
To apply, email your CV along with a short selfie styled video (just use your smartphone) where you introduce yourself and explain why you would be an awesome Haka Tour Manager! Literally no special effects needed - we just want a real grass-roots introduction to yourself - max 2mins. Applications will be accepted all year round. Please email your application to Steph email@example.com. View this link to see what current Haka Tour Māori Managers have to say.