Communications Advisor, Customer Engagement, Strategy and People
Department of Conservation, Hamilton
Closing Date : 28 May 2018
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, creative and organised Communications Advisor to join DOC's National Media Communications team. This role will be based in Hamilton.
This exciting, challenging role is part of a high performing regionally dispersed national team.
The role supports the Hauraki, Waikato, Taranaki Operations Region but the role also supports national projects/issues.
We are looking for a motivated team player who can:
- Provide communications, media, digital channels advice to support, regional staff to position the Department effectively.
- Support a widely distributed organisation.
- Juggle pro-active and re-active communications and media engagement.
- Stay cool in a crisis, and still deal with the media.
- Deliver on goals.
- Work across mainstream media and in the newer online digital and social channels.
- Work well in a team but gets on with the job to deliver the goods.
The successful candidate will be a flexible self-starter and capable multi-tasker, able to pick up and quickly understand different issues, manage conflicting priorities and get work done quickly to a high standard. This role requires strong writing skills, a ‘nose for news' and the ability to tell stories.
Experience working with visual technology, and an affinity for cultural story telling would be a bonus.
You'll be up to the challenge of communicating across a diverse and distributed organisation. Great people skills and the ability to relate well to others will be essential.
This is a full-time role reporting to the National Communications Team Lead.
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description.
For any queries, please contact: Communications Team Lead, Robyn Orchard on 0274761769.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 28 May 2018
DOC is committed to diversity in its workforce and an inclusive workplace culture.