Senior Injury Prevention Specialists (X2)
ACC, Whangarei & Auckland
Closing Date : 27 May 2018
- Is your passion for injury prevention known by others in the community?
- Are you a strategic thinker?
- Do you have experience developing and implementing work plans?
- Are you excellent at building and engaging with partners and coalitions?
- Can you utilise data to determine and drive priorities?
- Senior Injury Prevention Specialists–Whangarei & Auckland
ACC is all about preventing injuries and getting New Zealanders and visitors back to everyday life if they’ve had an accident. Our vision is to create a unique partnership with every New Zealander, improving their quality of life by minimising the incidence and impact of injury. We motivate New Zealanders to live, work and play safely, so they can lead full and active lives. To do this, we build close relationships with our partners in accident prevention and care, as well as within cultural groups and the wider community.
Critical to ACC’s achievement of our goal of reducing injury is the role of Senior Injury Prevention Specialists. We are looking for two Senior Injury Prevention Specialists, one in Northland (Whangarei) and one in Auckland.
Our Senior Injury Prevention Specialists are passionate about and have experience with injury prevention. These roles are critical to achieving our goal of reducing injury and harm to New Zealanders. In this role, you’ll be gathering intelligence and insights from your region to develop injury prevention opportunities and ensure that return on investment is achieved. We rely on our partners to deliver outcomes, and you’ll focus on further building their delivery capability.
In this role, community leadership and coalition development experience is critical. You’ll ensure that programmes and activities are delivering as expected by monitoring and reporting on reach, impact, outcome, and benefits. Our Senior Injury Prevention Specialists also ensure that work programmes are aligned with ACC’s objectives, so experience with working with and delivering to strategic plans is essential.
The scope of the work is broad and includes helping to keep people safe from violence, alcohol related harm, children and elderly peoples’ injuries, and motor vehicle crashes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the delivery of injury prevention priorities, strategies and programmes within a region to ensure they are contributing to Injury Prevention targets and outcomes
- Contract management with national and regional partner organisations
- Develop and deliver on regional and individual work plans
- Provide leadership, subject matter expertise, guidance and Injury Prevention capability development to partners within the region
- Monitor and report on the reach of impact, outcomes and benefits of injury prevention activities within the region
Successful candidates will possess the following knowledge, experience, qualifications and skills:
- Experience in building, maintaining and influencing through strong collaborative relationships
- A tertiary qualification in a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of best practice approaches to injury prevention
- The ability to develop regional and individual work plans and budgets to deliver on organisational requirements and outcomes
- The ability to work strategically and influence operational outcomes both internally and externally
- The ability to analyse complex data and information
- The ability to create business cases for investment, using Return On Investment principles
- Demonstrated experience working with a diverse range of stakeholder groups, ethnicities and cultures
- Budget management
- A full clean New Zealand drivers’ licence.
These roles require people with great communication skills who can lead and influence others without authority. If this challenging, yet rewarding role sounds like you, apply today and join the team developing world leading Injury Prevention programmes.
How to apply:
To view a position description see the document below. To apply for the role or if you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org An updated CV as well as a role specific cover letter will be requested at your time of application.
Applications for this role will not be accepted after 27thof May 2018.