Immigration New Zealand/MBIE, Manukau, Auckland
Closing Date : 23 May 2018
- Do you have sound administration experience and a true passion for customer service?
- Pragmatic and able to work at a fast-pace?
- Be a part of Immigration New Zealand in this high learning decision making role.
- Manukau, Auckland location
What does this role involve?
Not everyone has the ability to see below the surface of information presented. However with your eye for detail and analytical skills complimented by your natural passion for New Zealand and enthusiasm for making positive changes, an exciting career could be waiting for you.
As an Immigration Officer responsible for processing visa applications, you'll be taking the information available to you and using this to make sound decisions as you process visa applications. You will be interpreting immigration legislation, and utilising your proven analysis, judgement and decision making abilities to make quality immigration decisions.
Skills and experience required:
- Recent experience in a high performance, customer service or service delivery environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with proven expertise conveying concepts, policy, and information clearly and concisely to any variable audience
- Computing literacy and aptitude in MS Office applications, and technology generally
- Proven experience in a processing environment
- Time management ability to effectively manage high volume workflow and case loads
- Flexible with working with multiple demands and able to adapt to change on short notice
- Mental agility to learn and apply new learning
- A strong moral compass, and be known to ‘act with integrity' in all you undertake
- A relevant tertiary qualification is advantageous but not essential
- The motivation and willingness to make a positive difference as a proactive team member
We offer extensive on-going on the job training to candidates who are successful in the role.
Base salary from $45- $55K.
Applicants must be NZ citizens or permanent residents.
About MBIE/Immigration New Zealand:
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand's economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Immigration New Zealand has an active role in this by bringing the best people New Zealand needs to prosper.
We look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our people and our safety. If you would like to play an integral part in our Ministry, then read on!
The role of Immigration Officer will report within the Visa Services division, and Visa Services is the main processing and operational arm of INZ.
How to apply:
Please apply via this link. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via the online advertisement.
The recruitment process will involve a video introduction exercise, a critical thinking exercise and a formal panel interview.
Email Nikki Manning-English at Nikki.Manning-English@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1333750 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm Wednesday 23rd May 2018