Director, Student Success
University of Canterbury
Closing Date : 28 May 2018
Student Services & Communications | Te Ratonga Ākonga me te Whakapā
Ōtautahi Christchurch, Aotearoa New Zealand
Kia hiwa rā, kia hiwa rā!
He hiahia, he pūkenga nōu ki te manaaki ākonga? He pōwhiri atu tēnei nā Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha kia tono mai te hunga i te tūranga Kaihautū, Kia Angitu i Te Ratonga Ākonga me te Whakapā.
- Full-time at 37.5 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
- Continuing (i.e. permanent) position
Do you want to play an integral role in the delivery of UC's innovative and holistic ākonga (student) support pathways?
The vision of the Student Services and Communications portfolio (SSAC) is to champion UC's ākonga experience at all touchpoints. The University places its students first by enhancing overall student wellbeing and learning opportunities to successfully thrive and achieve.
Reporting to the Director of SSAC, you will be responsible for the leadership, management and operational oversight of integrated student-focused services across the University and with strategic partners.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- extensive experience in strategic leadership, development, business planning and budget management
- an understanding of and the ability to work in a way that is biculturally competent; a knowledge of tikanga and te reo Māori will be an advantage
- be successful leading and working with diverse teams across a portfolio of approximately 80 staff, to develop new talent and progress and enhance existing talent
- have a strong directional vision for improving and enhancing the overall experience and retention of students
- strong planning, organisational, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- success in building and maintaining relationships to partner with cross-functional colleagues to ensure effective processes are in place and best practices are shared
- an understanding of Equal Employment Opportunity legislation and Te Tiriti o Waitangi Treaty of Waitangi principles.
If you have a passion for providing outstanding support services to our diverse student communities and leadership qualities which would contribute to UC’s vision, culture and growth of a world-class learning environment, please apply today!
The University of Canterbury is committed to promoting a world-class learning environment through research and teaching excellence, and has a vision statement of “tangata tū tangata ora - people prepared to make a difference”. You will have the opportunity to work alongside members of a diverse academic community and enrich your own professional and personal development.
For information about the range of benefits in joining UC please visit us online at: http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/joinus
The closing date for this position is: Monday, 28 May 2018.
Applications for this position should include a cover letter, resume and any additional attachments combined into one document and submitted online.
The University of Canterbury is an EEO employer and actively seeks to meet its obligation under the Treaty of Waitangi.