Family Home Reliever - New Plymouth
Closing Date : 27 May 2018
- Have you supported a child through a difficult time?
- Helped a young person realise their potential?
- Successfully guided your own children through adolescent to adulthood?
- Have a high level of resilience and motivation?
Then you already have skills to work alongside our social workers to make a difference for children and young people who need some special support for a few critical months in their lives.
Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children supports children and young people in New Zealand. Oranga Tamariki works to advance the wellbeing and positive long-term outcomes for children and young people. In everything we do, the wellbeing and best-interests of children are paramount. The voices of children and young people underpin the design and operation of our services.
These positions form part of a casual pool of staff. From time to time they provide short or long term support for our Family Home Caregivers, who work so hard to keep our children and young people safe.
Family Home Relievers at Oranga Tamariki carry out a variety of tasks including:
- day to day care of children and young people
- meal preparation and ensuring the family home is comfortable
- providing emotional support to children
- coordinating transport to and from appointments.
To work as a Family Home Reliever you will need to have a:
- passion for working and supporting children, young people and their challenges
- positive attitude and is enthusiastic about your work
- proven experience in caregiving, community work or working with young people
- full clean driver's licence is a must.
This is a rewarding opportunity to use your life experiences and develop specialist skills.
We look forward to hearing from you.
– please apply through your MyHR portal at work.
- Only applications received directly through our MSD careers page at or this link will be accepted.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Petri Le Roux on (04) 894 5341 or