Pou Hanga Hōtaka
Te Māngai Pāho
Closing Date : 25 May 2018
Te Māngai Pāho invites suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the role of Pou Hanga Hōtaka. This is a significant opportunity to gain a leadership position within a high performing organisation and to make a strong contribution to the revitalisation of te reo Māori.
To this end the Pou Hanga Hōtaka will be responsible for:
- Working with the Kaihautū to lead the design and implementation of Te Māngai Pāho’s new Content Strategy
- Working collaboratively with all agencies in the Māori language sector so that our combined contributions achieve the most effective outcomes for te reo Māori
- Assisting content producers to identify opportunities for innovative Māori language content for specific platforms and target Māori language audiences
- Ensuring that Te Māngai Pāho operates a best practice online contestable funding process that is robust, transparent, equitable and efficient.
- Contributing to the design and implementation of a sector data set to monitor the impact on the revitalisation of te reo Māori by the interventions funded by Te Māngai Pāho and our partners in the Māori language sector.
The ideal appointee will have:
- A comprehensive understanding of the requirements for transparent and robust management of public funding and reporting processes
- Confidence in te ao Māori including a high level of fluency in both written and spoken te reo Māori
- A minimum of five years’ experience in either content production and/or the management of public funding for content production together with an advanced understanding of the current media landscape.
Applications may be emailed to or posted to:
PO Box 7707
Marked “Confidential – Job Application”
Applications must be with us by no later than 12:00 noon on Friday 25th May, 2018.