Paetahi Tumu Kōrero, Bachelor of Counselling
Waikato Institute of Technology, Wintec
Closing Date : 10 May 2018
Are you an experienced counselling practitioner wanting to help shape the future of the counselling profession and influence practice across the wider health and social practice sector? We have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your skills and experience to a fixed term teaching role at Wintec in the Paetahi Tumu Kōrero Bachelor of Counselling.
About the role
The Centre for Health and Social Practice has a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and our programmes are underpinned by an experiential approach to learning which links work, education, and personal and professional development. Importance is placed upon ensuring that graduates are work-ready and well prepared to gain employment or to enhance and extend employment opportunities. You will be part of a flexible, innovative and future-focused team, helping our Centre to prepare work ready counselling practitioners who can meet the needs of the profession and our community.
This is a fixed term teaching role for semester 2. Wintec offers flexible working hours so this could be either full-time or job share/part-time.
Are you the ideal candidate?
We are looking for people who are passionate about counselling and have the following:
- A counselling qualification and extensive counselling experience across a range of settings
- Minimum of a Masters qualification in a relevant discipline (or working towards)
- Clinical knowledge and skills to teach counselling theory and practice skills to a diverse range of students
- Strong professional networks ideally in the Midlands region
- Ability to utilise technology and online teaching and learning strategies
- Commitment to student achievement and promoting the educational advancement of Māori and Pacific counselling students
- A membership of NZAC, NZCCA, or DAAPANZ or eligible for membership
- Education experience would be an advantage
Our teaching team and curriculum is underpinned by bi-cultural pedagogy and we are seeking applications from practitioners who share this vision. As a counsellor educator at Wintec you will be joining a team of social practice professionals who value collaborative professional opportunities within and outside of Wintec.
Location: City Campus
Closing Date: Wednesday, 9 May 2018
Click the link below for further information.